MAYBEIWLL introduced a method to use your android phone or iPhone with TouchID to unlock your Mac equipment. And here I find more ways to unlock your android phones!
In fact, these mechanisms are provided by default if you are using Cyanogenmod or original factory version of Android. The Smart Lock!
There are 5 means to get access to your Android:
- Using trusted devices. This function requires Bluetooth or NFC. Although NFC is not found very often, I believe Bluetooth is a basic configuration. Other smart devices, such as smart watch, NFC label,Bluetooth in Car and smart wristband, can be used to unlock your phone. ( MAYBEIWILL also talked about his interesting utility of NFC label)
- Using trusted location. Most phones can get your current location through GPS or A-GPS. If have set your home is in the list of trusted locations, you won’t need to input your password or gesture and you just get in your phone directly.
- Using trusted face. With the development of facial recognition technology, it’s much easier to identify your face using the front camera. But it doesn’t work well under dark circumstance.
- Using trusted voice. I’m not really familiar with voice recognition system. Maybe there are some thing special to distinguish each of us.
- Body detection. The most interesting part of the Smart Lock must be this one. Google said they can detect whether the phone is with you by getting data from all sensors inside. Phones can understand your status — you are walking or you are in the car or you just put it on the table.
Finally, I start to use the 1st method to unlock my phone. I have a Mi band with Bluetooth 4.0 which doesn’t cost much power. And I also installed Near Lock in iPhone to unlock my Macbook. How convenient they are!